How To Care For Your New Ceramic Pro Coating.
Ceramic Pro is designed to protect your factory clear coat, to provide a protective shield against the elements and to keep your vehicle looking new always. To maximize the effects of Ceramic Pro and to ensure your investment is long lasting, a few basic maintenance steps should be taken. With simple care, your coating will reward you for years to come.
Car Washing Technique
For proper care of your new Ceramic Pro coating, your car washing techniques are going to play a critical role in the appearance of the coating.
Your newly applied Ceramic Pro coating will take about 2-3 weeks to cure to its full strength.
Precautions you should take while curing.
Curing time is 2-3 weeks depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature. Take special care during time period. The coating can help prevent your clear coat from water spots as it is hydrophobic. Ceramic Pro however is not bulletproof and can still get hard water spots. The coating is less likely to etch than your factory clear, but it can especially get water spots during the curing process and can be costly to remove.
During the curing process avoid:
- Parking under a trees especially if there are shedding. You don’t want tree sap on a fresh coating.
- Allowing bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun.
- Washing or abrading the paint
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, bugs, tree sap or other contaminants during the first two weeks, immediately remove it following our care instructions. Keep in mind the coating is still soft. Be gentle when working on the paint.
What to do and what not to do!
Automatic Brush Wash
Quality car wash soap with no wax
No wax needed
350 gsm microfiber wash & dry
Wash in shade
Don’t wash in sun
Don’t wax or polish
Don’t use abrasive towels
Maintenance after the process of curing of Ceramic Pro
Washing your car at home
Ceramic Pro is extremely slick, this means most things will dissolve and be pulled off by Ceramic Pro’s self-cleaning effect. Minimizing rubbing, (especially with a dry towel) on the coating will ensure its longevity. Use Ceramic Pro Cleaner to remove bird droppings, bugs, and tree sap. Followed by wiping it off with a soft edge-less microfiber towel.
For best results, the car should be washed on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build-up. Use only recommended mild soaps.
Avoid high volume brush style car washes and high PH detergent style cleaners.
Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross-contamination.
Use separate soap.
Standard home washing
Use a foam gun (optimal) or microfiber wash mitt to soap down the car. Rinse it off with a pressure washer (optimal) or hose. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
Spray ‘n wash self car washes
Select the high-pressure soap. Soap the car down (never use the provided brushes especially on the paint!). Rinse the car off with the high-pressure rinse. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
Touch-less car washes only. Never use a car wash with brushes! Never select the “spray wax” option.
- Ceramic Pro-Care is a great drying aid. Using Ceramic Pro-Care and one damp microfiber to first dry the vehicle followed by using the second microfiber to finish drying the vehicle. This process will give you the best results.
- Always dry completely and never leave to “air” dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.
- Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
- Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
- Never use excessive force to remove spots.
- Bird droppings, tar, sap, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening on the coating. Any staining left behind from bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating.
Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating. Ceramic Pro Care is the recommended maintenance and aftercare product. Ask your local installer about purchasing Ceramic Pro-Care during your visit.
Always go to a touch-free wash! Using an automated car wash with brushes will void the warranty and dull the coating. Ceramic Pro 9H takes up to 2 weeks to achieve full hardness. Please handle with care and do not wash the vehicle for the first 2 weeks.
Leather and Fabric Maintenance Program
- For best results, all leather/vinyl surfaces should be cleaned bi-weekly with a leather protectant to avoid contaminant build-up and replenish the natural oils.
- Vacuum carpets regularly and use carpet & fabric cleaners when necessary.
- Immediately wipe off spills on leather, vinyl, or fabric.
Annual Inspections are the recommended process for ensuring the coating is maintained and care for the vehicle is properly executed. Annual inspections should be carried out by an approved applicator within 30 days before the anniversary date of the last service to ensure peak performance. Although durable and long-lasting, annual inspections ensure maximum gloss and protection from Ceramic Pro coating.